The Beginning...

"The purpose of this blog is to share my faith journey and inspire you to
deepen your relationship with Jesus"!

I've always felt a connection to the Holy Spirit- even before my confirmation. It makes sense since we are a part of the Body of Christ and receive the Holy Spirit at Baptism. I'm not a prophet, nor do I claim to be "God's Gift" to the earth. I'm an ordinary woman - some consider me crazy - on a spiritual journey open to the Holy Spirit. Call it a sense of intuition, but I've always had a few gifts to cultivate my and others' faith. My fear of the Lord and belief that He can do everything have never wavered. I have, however, doubted my worth and His plans for my life. I always thought about myself and what others could do for me. If I did not get my way, I'd run away- usually. I needed help following through with anything, failing to reap the fruits of my labor. (That's for another blog! )

Have you ever heard from God? Do you ever take a moment to listen to Him? You will not hear Him in the auditory sense. You will listen to Him with your soul's ears. I've heard words here and there.
Here are some from YEARS ago that I can distinctively recall. Whether they are from God or another voice - I do not know for sure. Some I heard in the most sacred, precious time, such as in Eucharistic adoration or deep prayer in Church, and others not-so-sacred times, such as driving on I-95! I can't say when they started precisely, but I can recall a few prominent words or feelings.
Isn't there a song with the lyrics "Go West"? Well, that was me! Sometime during high school, I had the inkling to travel west immediately after graduation. It took a few months, but I finally moved to California. Little did I know that this would be the place that helped me explore and expand upon my faith. I met other Catholics who liked to pray and talk about Jesus! I was an active member of a well-rounded parish. Not only was I a part of the Life Teen Choir, but I was also asked to cantor during the Teen Masses. Leading the congregation in praise of our God was an absolute honor. During my time at this parish, I also had the privilege of 'raising' confirmation candidates from 1st to 3rd year. In addition, I participated in the Charismatic prayer group, attended MANY conferences, discovered Our Lady of Guadalupe, and fell more in love with Jesus.

October 26, 2002
Word:
"Do not get married," I heard while sitting in the adoration Chapel waiting for the marriage ceremony to commence. I did not listen.

May 2011
Word:
While praying before an icon in Church, I heard these words- It's time to leave.

July 17, 2014
On my way to the doctor, I heard- 'it will be okay.' While at the doctor, unfortunately, I soon discovered my baby had died in the womb. In giving me the "word," I was prepared for that moment and able to proceed with faith, hope, and fortitude.

July 17-18th, 2014
After hearing the news of my baby's death, I had no idea how to handle the body. I didn't know which steps I should take. But, I knew I could not bear to see him, nor did I want to be awake delivering a dead baby.
Nobody would tell me what was right or wrong. I was in agony walking around with a dead baby. I feared someone would ask me about him/her.
Therefore, I scheduled a "procedure" to have him removed. Though I had made the appointment and decision to have this procedure, I could not shake an unsettling feeling.

During this time, we had the traveling Our Lady of Fatima statue in our home. She was supposed to only be with us for a week, but - three weeks later- she stood beautifully in the front room.
I decided to sleep in front of Momma Mary and, with her, offer this situation up to her son.
In the middle of the night, I was awoken with an inkling to research second-trimester fetus removal. But, boy, was I in shock over what I found! There was no way I would remove this child limb by limb - even dead- through dilation and evacuation!
The following day, I called the hospital and went in to deliver him naturally and respectfully. Again, God gave me the strength to persevere during this challenging time.


Popular posts from this blog

But wait....there's MORE! (May 2021-December 2021)

Revival in 2023?

A Christmas Carol Type of Event